Photographer: Symmetry Weddings
- Finalised your budget - tick
- Set your date - tick
- Locked in your venue - tick
- You have started to secure your Vendors - tick (go you!)
- Chosen your wedding style… Ah HELP!
Planning a wedding can be super overwhelming, with so many decisions to make, the ‘fun’ tasks such as choosing your wedding style, can often seem like a headache, especially if you are your own wedding coordinator and stylist.
Never fear, the Team at Hire in Style are here.
We have put together a few inspo boards to help you narrow down your styling choices, with furniture and décor options for your ceremony and reception space, using our 5 very different package options as a starting point.
These styles can be tailored to suit you and customised to your personal taste, there is bound to be something that sparks some inspiration.
So, take a look, gather your ideas and use these pics as part of your wedding mood board (your vendors will love you for it!). And just in case you didn't know, we also offer styling & coordination services So, if you don't want to DIY and rather someone else takes the reins, we would love to hear from you! Click here to see a full list of our services.
Your style is:
Timeless, clean and crisp with pops of colour throughout your décor and styling.
- Colour palette: White, neutrals, a subtle (or not so subtle) pop of colour
- Florals: elegant white blooms, coloured posy vases, installations packed with greenery and neutral tones.
- Dress code: semi-formal or formal attire
- Dining: gourmet dishes and drinks to match
- Cake: a 3 tired, all white masterpiece
Image Credits: Top Left: Pete the Photographer Co | Top Middle: Stephanie Burma Weddings | Top Right: Sarah Tonkin Photography | Bottom Left: Emma MaCaulay Photography | Bottom Right: Sarah Tonkin Photography
Your style is:
A modern take on rustic all while keeping an effortlessly romantic feel. Soft lighting, a rustic setting and a tone of pretty florals.
- Colour palette: raw and natural finishes mixed with golden accents and deep warm tones.
- Florals: Australian natives, or, greenery mixed with pink and red roses
- Dress code: semi formal, a more relaxed feel
- Dining: hearty, banquet style feast
- Cake: naked cake and dessert table
Image Credits: Top Left: Rae Marie Photography | Top Middle: Shannon Stent Images | Top Right: Shannon Stent Images | Bottom Left: Shannon Stent Images | Bottom Right: We Are All Stardust
Your style is:
A contemporary look filled with clean lines and sophistication.
- Colour palette: black and white
- Florals: roses, orchids, or anything white or black! Statement bouquets, bar arrangements or ceremony sculptures, the bigger the better
- Dress code: black tie, formal
- Dining: gourmet 4 course sit down or gourmet canapes for cocktail
- Cake: something unexpected, or a modern tiered cake decorated with total elegance
Image Credits: Top Left: Teneil Kable Photo | Top Middle: Flossy Photo | Top Right: Stephanie Burma Weddings | Bottom Left: Natasja Kremers | Bottom Right: Flossy Photo
Your style is:
The classics - a traditional look adjusted to suit your personal taste.
- Colour palette: white with a hint of colour
- Florals: roses of course – displayed in posy bunches or a dramatic hanging installation
- Dress code: formal or semi formal, whatever you want it to be!
- Dining: 3 course sit down meal or gourmet canapes for cocktail
- Cake: A traditional 3 tiered cake
Image Credits: Top Left: Gordon Becker Photo | Top Middle: Rae Marie Photography | Top Right: Symmetry Weddings | Bottom Left: Katie Grant Photo | Bottom Right: Sarah Tonkin Photography
Your Style is:
Cool, calm and luxe! An uber chic look and earthy nuptials complimented by a relaxed atmosphere.
- Colour palette: airy and fresh – neutrals all the way with the added hint of colour if you wish
- Florals: boho dried arrangements mixed with white roses and peonies
- Dress code: a relaxed, semi formal vibe
- Dining: family style table banquet
- Cake: a naked cake or donut wall!
Image Credits: Top Left: Alex Cohen Photography | Top Middle: Holii and Ash | Top Right: The Bib Approach | Bottom Left: Flossy Photo | Bottom Right: Alex Cohen Photography
One thing to remember:
These styles can be mixed and matched to make something totally unique.
Our number one piece of advice:
Stay true to what represents you as a couple. Make sure your personality shines throughout the look and style of your day and keep it consistent in every aspect.