Part Time Sales Officer
Are you a sales expert with a passion for the events industry? If you have answered yes then this role could be for you.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to either start or build on their career in the hire and events industry. There will be practical, “on the job” training and ongoing support from a skilled team.
You will play an important role in the team to ensure we deliver on the promises we make and the expectations we create. This role is flexible with work days, hours and offsite applicants will be taken into consideration (can fit around school pick up and drop offs). You’ll work on securing and nurturing leads through a mix of e mail marketing, adverts, social media and networking.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Customer care process including engaging and providing consultations to new and existing client face to face and also over the phone, quoting, invoicing and liaising with the client up to and after their event date
- Creating, building and strengthening existing and new relationships with clients and vendors
- Fully understand, meet, promote and assist team members to have and demonstrate understanding and compliance with company vision, values, policies, procedures and standards
- Continually review and improve our safe work practices to maintain an injury free workplace
- Making certain that all contact and communication with team members, visitors, suppliers, clients and vendors is done so in a respectful, friendly and professional manner
- Conduct all activities in a lawful, ethical and WHS compliant manner
- Complete weekly timesheets and report to the Office Manager
- Be fully prepared to attend all internal and external meetings and to provide constructive input, making sure time is used wisely to discuss items of real importance.
- Know that punctuality and reliability for every job is required, backed by the courtesy of the ‘earliest possible’ contact should you not be able to fulfil your work commitments
- Customer care process including initial and follow up consults for new enquiries via both phone and face to face in the showroom for onsite visits
- Use upselling and sales techniques to convert clients and maximise their average spend
- Manage and respond to all client messages via the website during work hours on a daily basis
- Assist in managing any discrepancies in orders prior to or upon delivering to an event and liaise with the client or vendor to devise a suitable solution (eg. refund, placement etc)
- Research and develop possible promotions throughout the year to increase sales
- Research industry expo’s to promote services and design concepts for expo stands and attend these on day
- Develop new packages and continually improve current event packages for venues
- Research, engage and build relationships with current and potential corporate clients to expand our services more into the corporate sector
- Research all market sectors to identify opportunities for events and prospective clients.
- Develop new concepts and plans to stimulate and promote growth for the business
- Complete administrative duties as required
- Build relationships with current and prospective clients to assist with generating new sales leads to meet business sales targets
- Build positive relationships with current partnered vendors and potential vendors in the region to promote the use of Hire In Style through regular venue visits, face to face meetings and phone calls
- Engage with clients and vendors to build long lasting relationships and listen to their feedback to continually help improve the way we as a company are performing
- Actively capture social media on the ground to provide content for the Marketing Manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Car license
- Qualifications in Sales and Administration
- Sales and Administration Experience
- Sales and Administration Experience in the Events industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Well organised with excellent multitasking abilities
- Highly productive with minimal guidance or supervision
- Goal oriented and motivated with a desire to succeed
- Able to manage and prioritise work effectively, but also able to ask for help when required
- Able to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency
- A strong work ethic and high standards which is reflected in your quality of work, attention to detail and ability to deliver
- Dependable and reliable
- Effective people skills
- Able to handle repetitive work
- Highly organised and able to meet deadlines
- Be self-motivated and results driven
- A positive and genuine team player who enjoys working collaboratively, but also independently
If you are seeking an opportunity to work within a creative business and you pride yourself on quality, please submit a copy of your CV along with a minimum of two (2) contactable work manager/supervisor references to email@example.com – we are unable to accept references from your co-workers or family members.
Applications close 30th September 2021- Please put in your e mail which position you are applying for.
Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
Short listing will commence immediately. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted