Part Time Office Administrator
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to either start or build on their career in the hire and events industry. There will be practical, “on the job” training and ongoing support from a skilled team.
You will play an important role in the team to ensure we deliver on the promises we make and the expectations we create. This role is flexible with work days and hours (Can fit around school pick up and drop offs).
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Customer care process including engaging and providing consultations to new and existing client face to face and also over the phone, quoting, invoicing and liaising with the client up to and after their event date
- Creating, building and strengthening existing and new relationships with clients and vendors
- Fully understand, meet, promote and assist team members to have and demonstrate understanding and compliance with company vision, values, policies, procedures and standards
- Continually review and improve our safe work practices to maintain an injury free workplace
- Minimising errors and re-work and investigate opportunities to further reduce their occurrence
- Making certain that all contact and communication with team members, visitors, suppliers, clients and vendors is done so in a respectful, friendly and professional manner
- Complete weekly timesheets and report to the Office Manager
- Be fully prepared to attend all internal and external meetings and to provide constructive input, making sure time is used wisely to discuss items of real importance.
- Know that punctuality and reliability for every job is required, backed by the courtesy of the ‘earliest possible’ contact should you not be able to fulfil your work commitments
- Customer care process including initial and follow up consults for new enquiries via both phone and face to face in the showroom for onsite visits, constructing quotes, invoicing, updating booking and liaising with clients leading up to their event date
- Assist in managing any discrepancies in orders prior to or upon delivering to an event and liaise with the client or vendor to devise a suitable solution (eg. refund, placement etc)
- Work with and instruct VA’s regarding admin tasks
- Build relationships with current and prospective clients to assist with generating new sales leads to meet business sales targets
- Build positive relationships with current partnered vendors and potential vendors in the region to promote the use of Hire In Style through regular venue visits, face to face meetings and phone calls
- Engage with clients and vendors to build long lasting relationships and listen to their feedback to continually help improve the way we as a company are performing
- Assist developing business systems and processes, and policies and procedures
- Be proactive in successfully managing daily tasks and communication by utilising the company’s online task management software effectively
- Other tasks as directed by your Managers and within the scope of your skills and abilities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Manual Drivers Licence
- First aid certificate
- Min 2 years Administration and customer service experience
- Work in the events industry
- High degree of self-motivation
- Dependable and reliable
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to handle repetitive work
- Motivated to work quickly and efficiently while paying attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills, general reading and writing
- Advanced skills and knowledge in computer software programs such as G Suite
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
If you are seeking an opportunity to work within a creative business and you pride yourself on quality, please submit a copy of your CV along with a minimum of two (2) contactable work manager/supervisor references to firstname.lastname@example.org – we are unable to accept references from your co-workers or family members.
Applications close 30th September 2021- Please put in your e mail which position you are applying for.
Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
Short listing will commence immediately. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted